Number of valves
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Number of valves

Number of valves 02 Jun 2015 02:13 #3430

• sourajit
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Sir,

What extra facility does the triple valve or 4 valves give in a four stroke engine?
And what extra benifit do we get from a double spark plug in a single pot engine?
The topic has been locked.

Re: Number of valves 02 Jun 2015 11:08 #3434

• dilipbam
  • Administrator
Hello Sourajit,
Multiple (three or four) valves give the engine much higher breathing capacity.
Just Like Cheetah, the fastest land animal (including humans which is YOU and me) has much higher breathing capacity (burns much more oxygen than humans) because of LAW OF NATURE. Same with 3 or 4 valves. It increases turbulence in the cylinder which leads to better % combustion=better utilization of fuel=better mileage and power. But it sure reduces life. Remember Cheetah lives 14 years while Tortoise (slowest breathing creature) lives over 300 years. This is the fact and data. What you WANT is YOUR decision. I only give facts and data. Decision has to be yours, bkoz we are Hindu. We have no single prophet, no single book, so single path. Even Buddha said the same thing.
Regarding double spark plug=same thing. It increases combustion efficiency==more % of fuel is burnt=utilized, leading to better mileage (but not necessarily more power and performance, as proved by KTM Duke and Bajaj 200 NS, which is on this site-read it). Yet it is a fact that double spark plug reduces life as proved by DTSi of Bajaj.
This is the fact and data. What do you decide? Let me know.
bet wishes
bikeguru
The topic has been locked.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds
You are here: Ask Me

Newsletter

Follow me on Twitter

We have 28 guests and no members online