ladies scooter
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: ladies scooter

ladies scooter 06 Jun 2015 17:36 #3446

• ironnori
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Dilip ji,

I am planning to buy a scooter for my wife...she is about 5 feet tall and 50kg. The obvious things I am considering are
a) weight of the vehicle
b) able to rest her legs on the ground comfortably or seat height from ground
c) easy handling

I have picked Tvs scooty pep+, TVS Zest and Suzuki Lets mainly based on vehicle weight....they are ~96-98kgs. Of course there are other scooters (hero pleasure, yamaha ray etc.) that range from 102-105kgs. I don't know if few kgs more is a big issue...we haven't done any test ride yet...

As I read more and more...I was kind of leaning towards Suzuki Lets...because of its power and tork at high end. 8.7bhp@7500rpm and 9Nm@6500rpm with a vehicle weight of 98kg. Scooty pep+ is not even close...but i am willing to consider it.

TVS Zest also has a 110cc engine with 7.9bhp@7500rpm and 8.8Nm@5500rpm in the same wt. category.

when i considered mileage...i found this website (don't know how reliable it is)
www.speedmasti.com/bike-news/top-10-fuel...t-scooties-in-india/

both Suzuki Lets and TVS Zest will most probably return the same mileage numbers ~50-55kmpl (in city) even though they claim 60+ in their brochures..

Cost wise TVS Zest comes to about Rs. 60000/- here whereas Lets is Rs.5000/- cheaper.

Ride handling, ride quality etc...no idea..

Please let me know your views and your choice (it can be outside the ones that i mentioned as well)

Regards
Venkat
The topic has been locked.

Re: ladies scooter 07 Jun 2015 06:00 #3449

• dilipbam
  • Administrator
Hi Venkat,
The lightest, lowest and easiest scooter for your wife (50 kg / 5 feet) is TVS Pep+.
It is also the cheapest to buy and gives the maximum mileage. If your wife is going to be mostly single seat then this scooter is best for her.
However, since you are talking about TVS Zest and Suzuki Lets, it looks like you want a more powerful scooter for your wife.
In this category, the best is TVS Jupiter. It has the same engine as Zest and quite light. You can read my Test Report of TVS Jupiter on this site at
dilipbam.com/bikes/306-tvs-jupiter-road-test.html
Regarding Suzuki, their dealership network and nomenclature are weak, so it is not favorable.
Better go for Pep+ or Jupiter.
If you want any more information, send me another query and I will answer.
best wishes
bikeguru

Re: ladies scooter 07 Jun 2015 12:36 #3453

• ironnori
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Dilipji,

Thanks for your quick and detailed reply..

TVS jupiter is on the slightly heavier side...about 108kg...
As TVS Zest has the Jupiter engine and is about 10kg lighter...looks very promising...shall mostly go with this one after a test ride. Yes it may not have all the features/design of the Jupiter but....What do you say?

Also, I have read the article that you have posted on suzuki's failures....It was hilarious...On one hand u praised its engine and performance and on the other you ridicule its nomenclature. There is a suzuki showroom/service center close to my house (about 1km)...shall casually visit them and check them out.

But I don't see much of these bikes (Zest or Lets) in my area, an occasional jupiter perhaps...all I see everywhere is Honda Activa...very dominating presence

I know you are old and still doing so much service...but if you get a chance to ride a Suzuki Lets or TVS Zest...let us know your thoughts

Thanks very much
Venkat

Re: ladies scooter 08 Jun 2015 10:33 #3454

• dilipbam
  • Administrator
Hi Venkat,
Yes, TVS Zest is Good. Same engine as Jupiter and lighter, will therefore give slightly more mileage.
Yes, go for TVS Zest since weight is of concern to you/ wife. It has all essential and necessary features.
Yes, do casually visit the suzuki showroom/service center close to your house and let me know your findings / reactions.
Honda Activa is really dominating the market. It was the earliest ungeared scooter.
I don't think I will be able to Test Suzuki Lets or TVS Zest anytime soon, since I have a one month teaching/training assignment in MBA college beginning tomorrow (8.am. to.7.pm everyday) which goes on for a month without a break - not even Sunday - my session goes on even on Sundays.
However, after that I will check out Zest and Lets. But I don't think you want to wait 2/3 months.
So go ahead with TVS Zest.
best wishes
bikeguru
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
You are here: Ask Me

Newsletter

Follow me on Twitter

We have 27 guests and no members online