Welcome, Guest

Mono Suspension vs Dual Suspension
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Mono Suspension vs Dual Suspension

Mono Suspension vs Dual Suspension 11 Apr 2016 10:56 #3875

• kittu116
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Dilip Sir, my heartful namaste to you.
My name is Kittu, age 38 and height 5.11. Am from Tanuku town, West Godavari District of Andhra Pradesh.
Sir, Am a regular reader of your suggestions and advice's in Eenadu news paper. Most of my doubts were cleared without asking you, just by reading your suggestions in Eenadu news paper.
Sir, i used a Honda Stunner from July 2009 to September 2015 and i sold it . Some of times, In a single trip i traveled about 150 to 180 kms by taking 2 to 3 intervals. But, i never faced back bone pain on that bike. Also i ride it with a max speed of 90 kmph on NH5, (now NH16)
When i am purchasing this stunner, one of my friend advised me to take Honda Unicorn and gave his Unicorn to me for testing purpose. I used it for 2 weeks and i feels back pain when i ride it. Hence i feel that Mono Suspension is not suitable for me, and i purchased Stunner. I am very much satisfied with Stunner.
Now, My Friends and Relatives advising me to take Yamaha FZ or Fazer. But, they both are Mono's only.
Sir, i request you to please tell me the facts about Mono Suspension and Dual Suspensions of a Bike. Because, now a days maximum bikes of 150 cc and above bikes are coming with Mono's only.
Is my feel of back pain on Mono Suspension bike is a regular effect to some people or its my Perception.
According to your advice... i will take a choice from Fazer, Gixxer SF or Xtreme Sports.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Mono Suspension vs Dual Suspension 12 Apr 2016 08:25 #3876

• dilipbam
  • Administrator
HeLL0 Kittu,
You are 38 years young and 5'-11" high.
I am 70 years old and 5'-8" high.
I have been testing and riding all bikes since 29 years but NEVER HAD ANY BACK PAiN.
Please do NOT blame any bike or any suspension for back pain. The reason for pain is something else, 0therwise how is it that 70 year 0ld man like me has no back pain on any bike?
In olden times people were riding horse which has no suspension. They were constantly jerked up & down every second (of time) but no back pain. HOW?
Whether mono or dual suspension, it has nothing to do with back pain.
Pain can be due to seating posture and seating geometry, NOT due to suspension--please refer to HORSE riding !
Go for bike which has best seating geometry suited to your height.
The best I think for you is BULLET.
But you are thinking about Fazer, Gixxer SF or Xtreme Sports.
Please go to each showroom and check out SEATiNG GEOMETRY & POSTURE, and go for the bike which gives you the best SEATiNG GEOMETRY & POSTURE.
That is the answer.
best wishes
bikeguru
The following user(s) said Thank You: kittu116

Re: Mono Suspension vs Dual Suspension 13 Apr 2016 07:59 #3877

• kittu116
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Sir,
Thank You very much for replying me. I am not blaming bikes or their suspension Sir. Just i had a doubt about that Mono Suspension and Dual suspension...
Also, i said that my back pain on Mono Suspension is may be my perception.
As your previous suggestions and advises given to others... i purchased a new TVS Star City Plus (best 110 cc bike that you are suggesting for local rides sir.) for my dad to use in local riding. My self tested that bike on highway ride with a speed limit of 45- 50 kmph. reserved to reserve it gave me 78 kmpl. I feel very happy for that.
Hence i wanted to ask you about my perception and facts about Mono Suspension and dual Suspension.
Sir, surely as per your advice... i will try to check on those bikes for seating geometry and postures and then i'll take the best suits for me.
Thanking You Sir.
Regards,
Kittu.

Re: Mono Suspension vs Dual Suspension 13 Apr 2016 16:07 #3878

• dilipbam
  • Administrator
Hi Kittu,
Mono or dual, both are equally good..
Very good that you bought TVS Star City plus. It is the ideal bike and great mileage as measured by you yourself !
Let me know your FRESH impression of each bike as soon as you ride it--same day if possible.
You have to send it to me Kwik Lee Like Bruce Lee !
Try and quantify your findings on the basis of definitions which you yourself will specify / define.
The following parameters come to my mind:
Seat Comfort.
Leg room==seat to footrest distance.
Pillion comfort? I believe at 38 you must be married. If so look for pillion comfort.
Headlight beam quality. The Yamaha R3 (321 cc twin) I have tested--Report is on this site--has 55 watt headlight while 96.3% of all bikes are 35 watts.
You can think of more parameters.
Give each parameter some value (figure/number) and add total
How is that for your next move?
Think about it.
Best wishes
bikeguru
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds
You are here: Ask Me

Newsletter

Follow me on Twitter