About Taking Long Tour
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: About Taking Long Tour

About Taking Long Tour 26 May 2016 09:45 #3925

• Kottanani
  • Fresh Boarder
Sir,

Is it possible for you to give a short necessary things to be taken along with oneself why driving long distance on Royal enfield ThunderBird 350. I am planning to go to my native place in Kerala from Mumbi approx. 1200-1400 KM. What things should be necessary to be taken alone and how would I plan so as to not only enjoy the ride but also have minimum trouble en-route to my native place in Kerala from Mumbai. Thanks a lot in advance.
The topic has been locked.

Re: About Taking Long Tour 27 May 2016 11:10 #3929

• dilipbam
  • Administrator
Hi Kottanani,
Carry spare clutch cable, spare front brake cable (unless the bike has disc brakes) and one spare headlight bulb.
Other than that there should be no problem. You can also carry spare tube each for front and rear tire if it is not too much.
The road from Mumbai to Kerala is quite good. Mostly there should be no problem.
More important than spare parts is that you should wear HELMET. It will save your life.
best wishes
bikeguru

Re: About Taking Long Tour 27 May 2016 11:51 #3930

• Vinny
  • Junior Boarder
Dear Dilip Bam,

Please comment about the Riding Gears. They costs so much money. Just have a look at this official Royal Enfield accessories site click here

Thankyou
Vinny
Last Edit: 27 May 2016 11:52 by Vinny.

Re: About Taking Long Tour 28 May 2016 08:30 #3932

• dilipbam
  • Administrator
Hi Vinny,
Yes Riding Gears cost lot of money. But now it is very hot, and wearing riding gears will make you feel even more hot.. Do you really want riding gears?
I have never bought riding gears. I use only THiCK Denim Jacket and Thick Denim Pants.
If you are serious about riding gears, better ask my partner DEVJEET SAHA, who is 40 years younger than me and does much long distance riding.
Send him an email at < This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. > and ask him.
best wishes
bikeguru

Re: About Taking Long Tour 28 May 2016 19:16 #3936

• Vinny
  • Junior Boarder
Dear Dilip Bam,

I only wear helmet and my normal cloths that's about it. I just like to know

The purpose of these costly riding gears?
Do they worth it?
Do they save lives?
Why they cost so much money?
Is there any rocket science involved in making them?

Seems like many were obsessed with having those costly riding gears and flashing them with pride. Do i missing something? Please comment.

Thanking you
Vinny
Last Edit: 28 May 2016 19:17 by Vinny.

Re: About Taking Long Tour 31 May 2016 15:56 #3939

• dilipbam
  • Administrator
Hi Vinny,
Yes, these gears do save life and limb. Of course the main thing is Helmet. Why they cost so much money is like because BMW costs so much money compared to Maruti. It may be considered a style - some may even consider it a luxury. But if you are going to do HiGH SPEEDs, it is safer to wear them. They definitely give protection. It is not a question of rocket science. It is just life protection and protection from injury. Do you know how much it will cost you in Hospital?
Think about it.
best wishes
bikeguru
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds
You are here: Ask Me

Newsletter

Follow me on Twitter

We have 33 guests and no members online